The Mana server has the following features and capabilities:
- Consists entirely of free, open source software (GPL v2)
- Runs on Windows, Linux and several other operating systems((MacOS is officially unsupported for now. We need an OSX developer.))
- Encrypted communication between the different server engines.
- Several database supported (SQLite, MySQL, PostGreSQL)
- Chat system with slangs and spam filtering
- Full featured equipment system.
- Flexible configuration
- Tiles to Pixel-based movement system.
- Maps with up to 40004000 tiles known to work((Larger should work fine on sufficiently capable computers. WH limited to ~2 billion on most computers.))
- Real-Time battle handling
- Lua scripting system for the characters, items, and many parts of the system.
- Trade system
- Script-based crafting engine which allows easy implementation of custom crafting systems